IMUREGEN is a breakthrough discovery by way of extracting nucleotides from natural sources. Several documented studies that have yielded positive results show that NUCLEOTIDE is beneficial to both children and adult.
A documented Final Report on IMUREGEN, sponsored and funded by the World Health Organization through the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, that published the clinical studies shows Imuregen has supportive influence on the respiratory health, fatigue syndrome, antitumor (anti cancer) effects, intestinal integrity, and innate immune system.
IMUREGEN works on the DNA level with added ATP/AMPs beneficial to children and adults.
• Enhances physical and mental health
• Increases energy levels and supports healthy sleep patterns
• Enhances absorption of supportive nutrients required for cellular immunity
• Supports weight reduction and breaks down body fat reserves
• Amino acids
• Minerals and salts
IMUREGEN Capsules (90 caplets)
IMUREGEN Liquid (90mL syrup)
Where to buy:
IMUREGEN products are available in Europe, the Philippines, and the USA. You can go to any authorized seller on the web and order the product online. This website is for information and download source of Nucleotide clinical studies only.
This website is for product information only.
Summary of properties & application
MUDr. Josef Richter, CSc.
Fully-fledged nutrition adequate to age is one of the basic conditions for the harmonic body development. It provides for all physiological functions of human organism, including immunity. That´s why it must incorporate balanced content of low-molecular substances (trace elements, minerals, vitamins, etc.) and macromolecular ones (saccharides, fats, and proteins).
Some of these ingredients need higher intake in some life periods, primarily for growth of body, ageing, recovery, increased physical load or in the case of infectious diseases. This demand is caused by higher utilization of the proteins, trace elements, vitamins, and antioxidants.
To provide high-quality development of immune system, which is able to react to infectious load, it is necessary to assure higher supply of some substances, which are normally available. We have to point out dietary nucleotides, their consumption in conditions of higher load and during convalescence is increased to such a level, when they become essential. Based on recent discoveries, the dietary nucleotides in combinations with other substances, like amino acids, N-3 fat acids, beta glucans, and vitamins are considered to be the basic compositional units of
High efficiency of IMUREGEN is just based on high contents of nucleotides. Nucleotides (further NT) comprise nitrogenic base, pentose sugar and group of phosphates. Nitrogenic base consists of purine and pyrimidine. Cells of mammals, bacteria and plants contain various nucleotides. Cellular NT contained in IMUREGEN is possible to find in milimolar concentrations and they may have a lot of functions:
1. They secure energetic metabolism.
2. Precursors of nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) consist of nucleotide units.
3. They serve as physiological mediators of many metabolic processes.
4. They are constituents of coenzymes.
5. They are carriers of activated messengers for a lot of reactions (e.g., glycogenic a glycoprotein synthesis, metabolism of phospholipids).
6. They work as cellular agonists.
7. They can work as effective agonists providing impulses to intracellular transduction cascade including cAMP.
Thirty years ago, there were discussions at symposium of the American Society of Nutrition, whether there exist biochemical or physiological arguments to consider dietary NT essential from the nutritional point view, in spite of their insignificant role in nitrogen metabolism.
Then IMUREGEN was already successfully tested. It was supposed, that main source of NT in organism is endogenic synthesis of purines and pyrimidines, which is more effective than use of dietary NT arising from degradation of nucleic acids in food. NT can be synthesized in endogenic way, this was used as a reason to deny their essential role in nutrition. New research in 90´s of previous century gave clear evidence that dietary NT are important and from many points of view indispensable nutritional component. An organism is able use them directly from food avoiding their highly energetic demanding de novo synthesis.
Insufficient supply of NT via food may not express only as an imbalance of immune functions, it may reflect disorder of physiological functions of the gut and its microbiome, liver, heart, developmental retardation of CNS, immune system, and general growth. Just at correction of lack in NT supply, the IMUREGEN provides excellent results. Supplementation is highly effective even in relative low dosage.
Importance of dietary nucleotides (dNT) contained in the IMUREGEN during postnatal period An adult gets daily 1.5 to 2.5 g of dNT on an average, it is much more than the whole intake of vitamins. For sucklings and infants in the period of accelerated growth is necessary to provide sufficient supply of nucleotides, which are necessary especially for maturation of GI tract and its enzymatic equipment, and for metabolism of lipoproteins and linoleic acid.
NT take part in the growth of microbiome and selection of microorganisms positive for physiological functions and suppression of pathogenic microorganisms. Maternal milk is indispensable source of NT. It contains 20 to 25 % of non-protein nitrogen on an average whilst cow milk only 2 to 5 %. From the 5th to 8th month of lactation, the maternal milk contains 10 to 120 mg/L DNA and 100 to 600 m/L RNA. Human maternal milk is generally considered to be “gold standard“ for suckling nutrition.
Now available infant nutrition is prepared in industrial way to approximate to maternal milk. Cow milk is supplemented by nucleotides. Such enriched formulas were available in Japan in 60 ´s of previous century. In 1991, Scientific Committee for Food recommended supplementation by 10 mg dNT/L, later it was increased to 70 mg/L. There are used dNT, which add a flavor to infant formulas. Pleasant, so called „fifth flavor“ umami contains glutamic acid and IMP. There were messages, that such supplemented formulas were consumed by sucklings in increased amounts due to
adaptation of taste. Optimal intake of dNT for sucklings is 160 mg/kg per day and it corresponds to average weight increase 10 g/kg per day.
New findings about significance of NT show that their relevance in adult nutrition is remarkable as well. Supplementation by the IMUREGEN is being linked with restoration of lost immune functions. Administration of dNT contained in the IMUREGEN results in fast and vigorous improvement of disordered human physiological functions.
IMUREGEN and metabolic functions
Nucleotides in the IMUREGEN are building blocks of nucleic acids and they as mono-, di-, and triphosphates are involved in practically all metabolic functions. They represent integral part of protein, saccharide, and lipid metabolism as well as metabolism of nucleic acids. In form of nucleosides, they take part in metabolism of active substances, especially co-enzymes. They work in energetic metabolism as donators of phosphate, their mediator function is necessary for aggregation of blood platelets and vasodilatation.
It is estimated that during 24 hours is destructed and renewed about 300 g of enterocytes in an adult. Further load and high demand is increasing during induction of immune response due to clonal expansion and merging of lymphoid cells into effector ones. Another amount of nucleotides is necessary for regeneration of tissues, renewal of mucous epithelia, induction of haemopoiesis and renewal of skin cells as well. Supplementation by the IMUREGEN successfully prevents complications arising from the lack of nucleotides.
IMUREGEN and gastrointestinal effects
Dietary NT contained in the IMUREGEN play significant role in the development of GI. It increases production of mucosal protein, DNA, height of villi and other activities of intestinal mucosa. Repeatedly was demonstrated positive influence of the IMUREGEN on reparation of intestinal damage both in models and in children and adult population. Our tested IMUREGEN proved significant anti-inflammatory effect of administered NT in children allergic population. It resulted in decrease of salivary albumin and at the same time there were higher levels of secretory IgA and salivary lysozyme.
These significant changes came before improvement of health, including higher resistance and diminished morbidity of respiratory tract. In literature there are published reduction of mortality and decrease of inflammatory symptoms in model experiments.
Substantial changes are elicited by given dNT through influencing the intestinal microflora. It results in significant growth of Bifidobacterium in intestinal tract with consequent decrease of pH in intestinal contents. Low pH is able to prevent proliferation and growth of pathogens, especially Bacteroides and Clostridium. Effects of IMUREGEN on Bifidobacterium are reported in children fed industrially produced children nutrition supplemented by dNT.
IMUREGEN as an exogenous source of dNT is able to optimize function of intestinal epithelia especially in the period of accelerated growth and during convalescence after damage of mucosa. Administration of IMUREGEN has positive effect on a lot of inflammatory diseases of GI, e.g., ulcerous colitis, Crohn´s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome. In the same way was repeatedly proved positive influence on reparation of intestinal mucosa after bacterial infections of intestinal tract.
IMUREGEN possesses significant influence on healing of diarrhoeic disorders caused by lactose diet.
IMUREGEN and its effects on the liver
The liver plays important role in provision of dNT for organism, mainly through active synthesis and release of dNT for other tissues. Extracellular nucleotides influence growth of hepatocytes and their regeneration as well. Disorder of hepatic tissue leads to increased consumption of nucleotides where regeneration of tissue is replenished by increased synthesis of DNA and RNA. IMUREGEN improves function of hepatic parenchyma and its reparation, is involved in detoxification of mycotoxins and significantly ameliorates post-stress disorders.
We proved that administration of the IMUREGEN in conditions with significant damage of hepatic tissue results in rapid decrease of aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanin aminotransferase (ALT) and glutamic acid-pyruvate transaminase (GPT). The same positive effect of IMUREGEN was repeatedly proved in models on experimental animals.
It was revealed that levels of mycotoxins in the liver of pork and poultry supplemented by IMUREGEN were significantly lower than in animals with a standard diet. Higher levels of mycotoxins in feces of experimental animals were statistically significant. IMUREGEN modulates growth of hepatocytes and their regeneration including synthesis of glycogen. Positive effect of IMUREGEN was proved in cases of toxin-induced fibrosis of hepatic parenchyma. Hepatoprotective effect of IMUREGEN was proved in cases of EBV infection with damage of hepatic tissue.
Our experience shows significant preventive influence of IMUREGEN given prophylactically in frame of fluid intake as well as in workers with high exposition to chemical substances (negation of hepatotoxic effects). This experience led us to administration of high doses of IMUREGEN to intoxicated individuals. Fourteen days of daily administration of IMUREGEN resulted in normalization of all indicators of hepatic damage (liver function tests, tissue polypeptidic antigen, orosomucoid). In longitudinally observed groups of individuals with the risk of exposition to hepatotoxic substances, we also found significant decrease of cholesterol levels with increase of HDL and normalization of the index.
Influence of IMUREGEN on lipid metabolism
In children with diet supplemented with dNT was found increase of levels of HDL already in the first month after birth. It seems that IMUREGEN increases synthesis of lipoproteins especially in intestinal tract. Administration of the IMUREGEN leads to increase of omega 3 and omega 6 PUFA in plasma and in RBC membrane in experimental animals.
IMUREGEN and immunity
It was repeatedly proved that IMUREGEN increases specific and non-specific immune functions, proliferation activity of lymphoid cells with the consequent corresponding reaction of both cell and humoral immune response. Administration increases not only numbers but first of all the activity of natural killers, production of some cytokines. This may be used for reparation of tumorous conditions during and after conventional therapy.
Significant effect of IMUREGEN is proved towards the parameters of humoral immunity, including B lymphocytes-regulated production of antibodies together with increased resistance to bacterial and viral infections. Endogenous nucleotides positively influence antibody response and keep its optimal function. Significant influence on levels of antibodies against tetanus in vaccinated children population was proved. In comparison with control group there were statistically significant differences in antibody responses. Repeatedly was proved protective effect of IMUREGEN in therapy of mycotic infections. Nucleotides influence mechanisms of cellular immunity.
They speed up lymphoproliferation induced by alloantigen, correct immunosuppression induced by malnutrition, increase number of NK cells and their activity. They increase production of IL-2 and take part in increase of number of macrophages and at the same time they increase their fagocytary activity. It is proved that IMUREGEN increases proliferation of bone marrow and proliferation of peripheral neutrophiles.
Administration of IMUREGEN increases resistance against infections both in animal models and humans. In an experimental model was proved significant resistance to infections caused by Candida albicans and Staphylococcus aureus. Survival of exposed animals was statistically significant in comparison with control group. IMUREGEN adjusts the ratio of cellular subpopulations Th1 and Th2 and in such way significantly decreases risk of sensibilisation and induction of IgE response. Already 0.5 % of dNT contained in IMUREGEN proved reduction of induction risk of allergic symptoms in experimental model of inhalation allergy. It was proved that administration of IMUREGEN to premature children was connected with significant increase of CD4+ lymphocytes.
It was proved that administration of IMUREGEN to premature children was connected with significant increase of CD4+ lymphocytes.
IMUREGEN and secretory immunity
Long term administration of IMUREGEN results in positive influence on factors of mucosal immunity. It was revealed, that there is increase of secretory IgA, significant decrease of albumin and C-reactive protein together with overall recovery. In groups with physical load, IMUREGEN induced increase of secretory IgA, IgG and IgM in saliva. In comparison with placebo group, there was increase of mucosal lysozyme levels and so provision of higher resistance to infectious load.
Dietary nucleotides in IMUREGEN influence generally production of antibodies via T-helpers and the earliest phase of antigen presentation. Immune response is regulated by interaction with T regulation cells.
In repeated studies, following health conditions of children hospitalized in sanatorium for pulmonary and allergic diseases we revealed that after 1 month of IMUREGEN administration there was not only significant improvement of secretory immune response represented by increase of SIgA, salivatory IgG and lysozyme together with decrease of salivatory C-reactive protein. Moreover, there was significant decrease of cortisol in saliva representing normalization of stress response.
There was not only significant improvement of respiratory functions of followed children with decrease of levels eNO by 15%, besides that there was improvement of physical condition represented by increased endurance. Measured entrance values of 6-minute walk test were increased after stay in sanatorium by 17%. Control testing showed persistence of positive findings during 6 months, slow worsening reflected mostly staying in environment contaminated with exhaust gases, chemicals, products of local stoves and in more than 50% of cases there was exposition to indoor contaminants (smoking parents).
IMUREGEN and CNS
Appropriate intake of dNT contained in IMUREGEN in early development results in positive influence on growth of CNS and improves memory. There in literature is possible to find reports on significant improvement of health conditions in individuals with destruction of brain functions, e.g., in patients with dementia. It was proved that ATP is indispensable not only for learning, but also for memory and ability to concentrate. It is important for mediation of signals from CNS to PNS.
Cardiovascular system and IMUREGEN
Heart contractions are ATP-dependent and supplementation of nucleotides assures physiological function of cardiovascular system.
Tumors and IMUREGEN
Administration of the preparation may increase efficacy of antitumor chemotherapy and reduce the collateral symptoms. IMUREGEN is able to decrease toxicity of some antitumor substances. Co-administration with doxorubicin revealed increase of level by 50% in tumor cells in comparison with patients without IMUREGEN. The same positive effects of given dNT were described in therapy of pulmonary tumors. There are discussed two possible effects of IMUREGEN in tumorous conditions. Firstly it is an increased effect of IMUREGEN, on the other hand it is increased function of immune mechanisms. Our experience points to ability of IMUREGEN to keep constant number of white blood cells or to prevent their decrease much more than in patients without IMUREGEN.
Increased physical load and IMUREGEN
IMUREGEN has its use in individuals with increased physical load. Regular administration in professions with increased physical demands decreases morbidity and inability to work. In model study of more than 2,000 individuals exposed to high physical load and to high temperatures, administration of IMUREGEN in drinking fluids led to decrease of inability to work by 50%. The same application of IMUREGEN with the same effectiveness is useful for some professions (firefighters, policemen, drivers, etc.).
Administration of IMUREGEN alone or in mixtures with other substances is now in focus and it is used by a lot of top level athletes. On this spot, it is necessary to distinguish administration of substances and their doses during increased training load, in period of competitions, and in period of convalescence. Our experience shows that administration of IMUREGEN led not only to increase in performance, but at first to reduction of morbidity during period of competitions. Positive effect of IMUREGEN may be mediated via increased resistance to stress. We revealed that in children administered IMUREGEN was swiftly reduced level of salivary cortisol.
1) Šíma, P., Richter, J., Lajčíková, A., Turek, B.: Ochranné nápoje v pracovním lékařství. České pracovní lékařství 4, 2003, 4, s.182-186.
2) Richter, J., Šíma, P., Turek, B.: Působení nukleotidů a antioxidantů v ochranných nápojích. Sborník souhrnů XXVII. Kongres pracovního lékařství s mezinárodní účastí, Hradec Králové, 15.-17.10.2003.
3) Turek, B., Šíma, P., Richter, J., Virtová, M.: Význam imunonutrice a suplementace výživy pro zdraví obyvatelstva v 21.století. 21. Výroční světový kongres na téma Transformace české a slovenské společnosti na prahu nového milénia a její úloha v současném globálním světě, Plzeň, 24.-30.6.2002.
4) Turek, B., Šíma, P., Richter, J.: Současné možnosti ochrany organizmu výživou. Výroční světový kongres na téma Transformace české a slovenské společnosti na prahu nového milénia a její úloha v současném globálním světě, Plzeň, 24.-30.6.2002.
5) Svozil, V., Jirka, Z., Šíma, P., Richter, J., Weigl, E.: Speleoterapie ve XXI.století. Výroční světový kongres na téma Transformace české a slovenské společnosti na prahu nového milénia
a její úloha v současném globálním světě, Plzeň, 24.-30.6.2002.
6) Šíma, P., Richter, J.: Imunonutrice. Sborník 19.pracovní imunologické konference České imunologické společnosti „Jak se organismus brání stoupající zátěži cizorodých antigenů“,
Velké Karlovice, 25.-27.10.2002, s.13-20.
7) Šíma, P., Richter, J.: Imunonutrice. XXVIII. Pachnerovy dny pracovního lékařství, Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, 28.5.-30.5.2003.
8) Slížová, D., Šíma, P., Richter, J., Krs, O.: Dietary nucleotide extracts promote growth and regeneration of ileum epithelia. Abstract – Morphology 2003, Hradec Králové, 15.- 16.9.2003.
9) Šíma, P.: Specifické složky stravy ve vztahu k imunitě. Společnost pro výživu – konference Výživa a potraviny 2003, 11.-13.11.2003, Pardubice.
10) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I.: Výsledky výživových intervencí. Sborník konference Výživa a zdraví, Teplice 2002.
11) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Král, V., Pfeifer, I., Jílek, D., Šíma, P., Drnek, F.: Ovlivnění parametrů salivární imunity u rómských dětí. Alergie 4, 2002, s. 80.
12) Richter, J., Jílek, D., Král, V., Malý, U., Weigl, E., Svozil, E., Šíma, P., Vorderwinkler, A.:Vliv speleoterapie na ukazatele salivární imunity. 4th International ISCA Congress, 21.-
27.10.2002, Postojna, Slovenia
13) Richter, J., Jílek, D., Král, V., Malý, U., Weigl, E., Svozil, E., Šíma, P., Vorderwinkler, A.: Vliv speleoterapie na ukazatele salivární imunity. Alergie 4, 2002, s. 80-81.
14) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Král, V., Pfeifer, I., Jílek, D., Šíma, P., Drnek, F: Salivární imunita u rómských dětí. Alergie 4, 2002, s. 80-81.
15) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B.: Imunita a výživa. IX. Interdisciplinární konference s mezinárodní účastí „Optimální působení tělesné zátěže a
výživy“, 5.-7.9.2002, Hradec Králové.
16) Richter, J., Šíma, P., Richterová, S., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B.: Imunologické metody ke zjišťování výživového stavu. Sborník konference Výživa a zdraví, Teplice 2002.
17) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B.: Patologie výživy a její odraz v imunitě. Sborník konference Výživa a zdraví, Teplice 2002.
18) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I.: Výsledky výživových intervencí. Sborník konference Výživa a zdraví, Teplice 2002.
19) Richter, J., Šíma, P., Richterová, S., Turek, B.: Nové přístupy ve výživě – funkční strava. IX. Interdisciplinární konference s mezinárodní účastí „Optimální působení tělesné zátěže a výživy“, 5.-7.9.2002, Hradec Králové.
20) Šíma, P., Turek, B., Richter, J.: Nové přístupy ve výživě obyvatelstva v 21. století: imunonutrice, ekonutrice a ekoimunonutrice. Výživa a potraviny (v tisku)
21) Richter, J., Holajová, K., Jílek, D., Král, V., Pohořská, J.: Mohou virové infekce ovlivnit výskyt alergických onemocnění? (v tisku)
22) Richter, J., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B., Cikrt, M.: Nukleotidy a jejich význam ve zdraví a nemoci. (v tisku)
23) Richter, J.: Naše praktické zkušenosti s IMUNOREM® (v tisku)
24) Richter, J., Richterová, S., Šíma, P., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B.: Patologie výživy a její odraz v imunitě (v tisku)
25) Šíma, P., Richter, J.: Imunonutrice. Imunologický zpravodaj 18, 2003, 1, s.9-13.
26) Richter, J., Šíma, P., Richterová, S., Pfeifer, I., Turek, B.: Imunologické metody ke zjišťování výživového stavu ( v tisku)
27) Richter, J., Pfeifer, I., Stiborová, I.: Mapování nového problému – prevalence infekce Helicobacter pylori v dětské populaci (v tisku – Hygiena 1/2004)
28) Richter, J., Stiborová, I., Král, V., Jílek, D.: Přímý průkaz antigenu Helicobacter pylori ve stolici. Praktický lékař 82, 2002, 4, s. 205-207.
29) Šíma, P.: Ekoimunonutrice jako prevence onemocnění. Univerzita 3.věku, Vysoká škola v Plzni, 20.11.2003, Plzeň. (přednáška)
30) Šíma, P.: Imunita ve vztahu k výživě a globalizaci. Sdružení praktických lékařů ČR, Karlovy Vary, 9.12.2003 (přednáška)
31) Šíma, P.: Novinky v mikrobiologii. Český rozhlas 2, pořad Káva o čtvrté, 13.2.2003 rozhlasové vysílání).
32) Šíma, P.: Prevence recidivy chřipky. Rádio Impuls, 13.3.2003 (rozhlasové vysílání).
33) Šíma, P.: Prevence infekčních nemocí. Český rozhlas 2, Praha, 13.3.2003 (rozhlasové vysílání)
34) Šíma, P., Turek, B.: Význam imunonutrice. Český rozhlas 2, pořad Káva o čtvrté, 17.4.2003 (rozhlasové vysílání).
35) Šíma, P.: Prevence infekčních nemocí. Český rozhlas 2, pořad Dobré ráno, 16.10.2003 (rozhlasové vysílání).
36) Šíma, P., Turek, B.: Poradna zdraví. Český rozhlas 2, pořad Káva o čtvrté, 4.11.2003 (rozhlasové vysílání).
37) Šíma, P.: Úloha výživy v prevenci infekčních onemocnění. Český rozhlas 2, pořad Dobré ráno (rozhlasové vysílání)
38) Šíma, P., Turek, B., Richter, J., Nove přístupy ve výživě obyvatelstva v 21. století: imunonutrice, ekonutrice a ekoimunonutrice. Výživa a potraviny, (in press).
DISCLAIMER: This product is not sold as drug or medicine and therefore not intended to cure any illnesses. There are no approved therapeutic claim. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor. IMUREGEN is manufactured and distributed by UNIREGEN Spol. S R.O., made in the Czech Republic, Europe. This product is FDA approved.
Address: Na Brzdách 72, 547 01 Náchod, Czech Republic
Phone:+420 491 428 124